my monmouth university daughter wanted a 30 day membership while she was on winter break.wow told her she would only be charged $149 for the 30 days which would start dec 28th..the sales rep said this would be the only fee.

he neglected to tell her in order to stop an additional monthly fee of $33 being deducted from her credit card she had to submit a cancellation notice within 30 days from the start date!

in other words she would have to cancel her membership when she joined in order to meet the 30 day requirement.we joined on dec 28 and were charged the $32 on jan 03

Review about: Work Out World Membership.

Had an Experience with Work Out World?

Comments

Workout World closed my gym in Needham Massachusetts and continued to charge me for three months as well as an annual renewal fee.There was no notification whatsoever from anyone, just a sign posted on their door.

Huge hassle and they finally agreed to refund the annual fee but not the three months of charges since they closed the club.DO NOT JOIN WORKOUT WORLD!!!

I thought I was in their good graces being a continual paying customer for 8 years but found out that they would not waiver me paying an additional 3 months of dues from the time I informed them I was cancelling.If nothing else please write reviews on every website warning people of WOW.

They don't have customer service to get your questions answered and you have to send them an email which they respond to in sometimes more than a week.I will be contacting NJ business borough to report them.

I think you are all lazy fat *** who need to get in better shape WOW has some of the best gym rates around, and basketball and raquetball. So get up you fatties and be productive.

I agree Work Out World is a total joke!You can never speak with an actual person, everything is by email.

I got an unusual charge on my credit card from these jokers so I disputed. I was told it was a "club enhancement fee". Because I disputed, I was charged an additional $25 "late fee". So I was so annoyed, I cancelled my membership.

Now I'm being told, I have to pay another 90 days as this is the "Cancellation Policy", but i'm welcome to "ENJOY" the gym for another 90 days.

I find nothing "ENJOYABLE" about the situation.And the place is doing nothing for my well being!

I had a membership with WOW for a year and at the end i asked if whenit ended if i had to do anything and the sales rep said no. 2 months later of coarse my credit card still being charged. Now they say i have to fill out a cancelation form many days before.These companies with these contracts are the downfall for future gym members and the downfall of this country :(

I JOINED WOW IN OCT 09.WAS ASKED PATIENTLY TO WAIT FOR THE EAST PROVIDENCE WOW FACILITY TO OPEN.AFTER ONE MONTH I JOINED A GYM.THE MANAGER OF WOW SUGGESTED THAT WHEN THEY OPEN(12-29-09)I CAN CANCEL.THEY ASKED ME TO FILL OUT PAPERS AND CALL THE # ON THE PAPER.I CALLED AND SALES REP SAID I CANNOT CANCEL AND I WOULD HAVE TO PAY $100.00 TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP.