I have been a member of wow for some time and I agree with most of the complaints on this site. Things are getting worse each week.

The gym is so crowded in the evenings that it is virtually unusable. You will spend more time standing around waiting for a piece of equipment than you will work out. God forbid you want a treadmill. You will wait 20 minutes for one to free up and then it probably wont work.

The new problem is now theft. WoW's recent low price membership drive has brought in a new class of people who don't seem to mind taking other peoples belongings. A few weeks ago a car was stolen from their parking lot because someone broke into a locker and stole the keys. (Check the ocean twp police blotter). Stuff disappears from the lockers each day. Most folks don't even bother reporting it. My Ipod walked off a few months ago.

Spend a few extra dollars and find a better class of gym. If I could get out of my membership without paying the enormous cancellation fee, I would be gone.

Review about: Work Out World Membership.

Had an Experience with Work Out World?

Comments

HOW CAN I BE A PART OF THIS AS I'D LOVE TO SUE THESE UNETHICAL BAST@$DS. ANY INFO APPRECIATED

FROM MIDDLETOWN NJ

HOW CAN I BE A PART OF THIS AS I'D LOVE TO UE THESE UNETHICAL BAST@$DS..

Omg!!!Do NOT go NEAR this gym.

Salespeople SUCK! I have never seen such an unethical gym. Go somewhere else. They pressure you telling you you can cancel, but you really can't.

I'm having a class action suit launched. Have got quite a few people with me (73 to be exact) and growing. Yuck yuck yuck.

Was injured by a TRAINER and they refused to cancel.Not first time I have heard this

I agree with all I have read. The place is a dump. The equipment is always broken. Even though they always have a sign that says "new equipment coming soon", this "new" equipment never arrives, even though i get charged an annual maintenance fee.

BE WARNED - DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS GYM IF YOU PLAN TO WORKOUT IN OCEAN - THE LEASE ON THE BLDG IS NOT RENEWING - WOW WILL BE MERGING MEMBERS INTO THE NEW WOW IN WALL.

So my son leaves for boot camp to become a United States Marine, the *** counter ppl in Freehold tell him at sign up, no problem you can CANCEL at that time.Well, they keep taking auto withdrawl, I bring them papers to show he is now A UNITED STATES MARINE (he's was in S.C., N.C.

& Mo. for 8 mos, now in OKINAWA for a total of 24 mos.) they say "those papers aren't good enough". Are you f**king kidding me?? I called VERIZON & GEICO & they put his accounts on hold (w/out a FEE) w/out even seeing the papers.

I called the tv station, they called them & son got a refund. This was March 2011. Yesterday Sept 9, 2011, there is a call on VM for my son, your in arrears & we need our $!!

OMG,,, this company SUCKS!To be ripping off underpaid Marines who are out of state & country for 32 months are you kidding me????

#320034

DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM.!!!HORRIBLE GYM.

I have an injury that he was not allowed to work per a doctors notice and the gym still charges 10 dollars a month to put a membership on hold. I was also suppose to get a lower rate - never did- management was horrible to deal with.

There are hidden charges and now that my contract is up - it is difficult to cancel.Out of all the gyms I have been a member to...this was the worst ever.

I moved out of state and was unable to get to WOW and was advised I would be notified of partnering gyms in VA.That, of course never happened.

I could never get a "live" person by phone (the phone system runs around in circles) to discuss my alternatives. So I went to the Feehold WOW gym to talk to a "live" person...someone who could give me answers to my questions but the morons at the front desk were no help.

WHO owns WOW??Someone let me know.

This is by far the most unethical gym I have ever been part of. I signed for a month to month basis now Casandra says this is not so I moved out of their range and they try and say I still have to pay because I am in range of other gyms like image 2000 in union and I live in wood bridge.

I was member for 3 years and have fallen on hard times and this is how they treat people

...***, my 1 year agreement ended July 1, 2010.I don't see why I have to keep paying for an expired membership.

I also go to the one in Ocean Twp, NJ.***, how do I go through with cancelling my membership without all of the bullsh!t?

SOY MIEMBRO DE WOW DE NORTH BERGEN, ME OFRECIERON ENTRENAMIENTO PERSONAL Y JAMAS HE VISTO UN INSTRUCTOR PERSONAL, LO DEMAS TODO BIEN