3.1K views

signed up with 2 year contract.At the end of the contract, I tried canceling the service.

Of cause, the usual pushy sales again, then I got a form with signature of the manager for the cancellation. Was told to call ABC financial to confirm the cancellation. Called and was told to fax the form. Faxed and got charged again the next month.

Called again to confirm the cancellation. Told again the fax wasn't received and need me to fax again. I faxed again and received another bill today saying I need to pay for the next month.

What in *** will take to get this membership canceled?

Had an Experience with Work Out World?

Comments

Do stop payment at bank

Have bank/credit card back charge them

Contact your state attorney general

Change ur card number/ bank acct #

Rochester, Minnesota, United States #885705

had same issue, what you don't realize is abc is part of World of work out, just think if they do that to everyone just think how much extra money they receive (what A scam)

I had to contact the attorney General , cancel credit card, and change bank account # to stop them, otherwise they will just continue.

And have the bank/ credit card company back charge them, (get your money taken back from them)

Good luck

Rochester, Minnesota, United States #752993

first change your account number , have the bak back charge them and contact the attorney general in your state as they are really great at taking money from people, it a huge ***

I am having the same issue with WOW in Ct.I sent the required cancellation to them but they deny receiving it.

I have the return receipt and now have to go to a different gym and prove I mailed it.Any intreseted in WOW STAY AWAY.

I am having the same thing , I canceled my credit card and they are still trying to charge me, my question is will it affect my credit history in the future?

to Ghost #879844

Hi I am wondering the same thing will this effect my credit score.I recently signed up for the training sessions but my trainer just left the gym without telling me so they wanted to sign me up with a new trainer but I would just like to cancel my contract, but of course that is not allowed.

Do you know if this will affect my credit score?If you can help that will be great.

Same story here, they bought out the Gold's in Mashpee MA in January 2011, and I opted not to continue with them.Filled out the cancellation form in person, gave it to the manager and everything.

Of course they kept billing me until July when I closed the account where the money was coming from. Now I've been getting harassed by ABC Financial and have been going back and forth with them.

Just filed complaints with the FTC & MA Attorney General's office.

Terrible company to deal with :(

Bottom line, they suck.I've been trying to quit WOW like it was a bad habit.

I almost had it, then they sent me a email saying my cancellation is frozen until i pay them one more $11.00 bill that has passed. I already paid it so obviously they are just trying to keep me on the chain.

I fu*king hate these people.They are like the mob of gyms.

I cancelled my membership after the contract period was up after getting the run around.They continued to bill my credit card.

I got tired of disputing these false charges every month so I was forced to close my credit card account.

If you had a similar problem contact the FTC at 877-382-4357 or ftccomplaintassistant.gov.If they recieve enough complaints they will do something about WOW's deceptive practices.

I am so pissed, i have been trying to cancel for the last week, i was told to cancel by sending them a note from the docters that i am pregnant, then i see that these crazy people do not even have a phone to contact them through corporate everything is done through email, and then tells me that i have to complete the full year and have a nice day..What!And I call the BBB better business bereau to write a complaint and they explain to me that many others have tried but are unable to locate their coporate address!

I dont know how I let myself get into this!I am now probably having to hire an attorney to sue them consumer fraud!