Work Out World - Canceled membership and still paying fee

My credit card should have been removed about a year ago. And i saw on my bank statement that i am still being charged.

Work Out World - Charging too much

So my account has been charged to much. I generally pay work out world 10$ a month and now they just took $50 off my account

Product or Service Mentioned: Work Out World Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Work Out World - Incompetent company handling memberships

2.2
Equipment Quality

The reason I am cancelling is because abc financial is not able to resolve a billing issue with my account. After at least 5 phone calls with ABC financial and 1 with DCU credit union whom insist they have not blocked any payments.

I am extremely disappointed with your inability to resolve this issue. I have a family membership all with the same debit card. My membership was fine until I added my daughter to the plan.

Now my payment wont go through but hers does. I'm beyond angry as I've paid and annual fee that I will not benefit from.

Comments

You get what you pay for. Dirty gym, dirty lockers and showers.

Free WiFi hasn’t worked in three months in Glastonbury. Can’t wait for the EDGE to open in town.

Work Out World - Payments

1.1
Equipment Quality

I called to cancel my membership the representative told me several time that she will put a note on my account and that I will not be charged anymore and I have 30 days to write a notice. 3 weeks later they charged my account and when I sent them an email they told me that I never cancel it I know they recorded their line and I ask them for prove but they just ignore it. This gym have the worst representative this is like the 4th time I call to either update my address or my payments and they never do I have to chase them down So please be careful with this company all they care about is making money.

Work Out World - Wow is awesome

5.0
Equipment Quality

No one comes to the gym to be comfortable. Getting in shape is painful.

All of you people suck. You are all a bunch of New England, liberal retards. This site is a joke in itself.

Stop crying and get a bowflex. Let the rest of us shred.

Product or Service Mentioned: Work Out World Membership.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Work Out World - Offered 2 mo free, then sent to collections 2 yrs later for non payment of those 2 months

Equipment Quality

We had a Work out World membership for a few years. We had to cancel our membership but when we did so it took a few months for them to stop billing us.

Work out World had a lawsuit against them for doing this to multiple customers, we were granted 2 months free. We took advantage if their offering but two years later we received a collections notice that we owed for those two months. When I called Work out World no one could help me. My wife had the same experience with trying to cancel her membership.

She canceled it and it took an additional 3 months for them to stop billing our account. This is an awful company, do not step foot in their door or you will be ripped off

Work Out World - The WOW screw

2.6
Equipment Quality

I was a WOW member for over 20 years. Always paid on time.

No long term contract. At one point, I was traveling and not using the gyn at all, so asked that they freeze the mebership for me. They charged me 10$ a month for two years to do that. Finally, since I did not use the gym, i asked that they cancel my membership.

Here's where they got greedy...They charged me an additional monthly fee to reactivate my membership so they could cancel it! Then even though they knew I was cancelling; they charge me an annual fee. I tried communicating and reasoning with them, but...nope...they wanted to get that last bit of $$ before I got out the door. They refused to remove the extra fees.

Lousy taste in my mouth.

Good riddance. Go to another gym that cares about members who have been with them for many years.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Additonal fees for cancellation.

Work Out World - Basically scam

Signed my son with the promotion $10 per month no membership fee just to find out they charged me $65. I called my cc company to dispute the charge and got wow customer service as she said that my son must call because the account is under his name, I explain that he is a minor and I'm the one that signed him but still she insisted to talk to him.

Just be careful they are scammers it's not the first time they did it to me. Horrible people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Work Out World Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Work Out World - Can't cancel my membership

I called work out world to cancel my membership they said I had to call the corporate office. I call the corporate office who gives me a web site to cancel.

I go on line to cancel which I thought I did. 6 months later I get a call from a collections company... I'm sixty one years old and haven't had a collection on my record since I was 18!!!!!! I hate work out world....After reading other reviews I find out I'm not the only one who had difficulty canceling their membership.

I really liked going there but had to stop. Now these people say I have to say my piece in a 100 words.

I only need 20...So here I am counting words so I can release my stress from work out world and now I'm typing endlessly to get my point across. This is stupier than work out world sending me to collections.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Work Out World - Disappointed

3.3
Equipment Quality

Spoke with one of your representative as far as a brochure came to my house I feel I was misled as far as information and paying the wrong price or should I say my monthly fee please contact me I want to resolve this thank you

Product or Service Mentioned: Work Out World Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.