Robbinsville, New Jersey
Cleanliness

This is an issue I had with the Robbinsville in NJ. I went to cancel my membership and they would not allow me to do so. When I called to renew my membership awhile back, I notified them I may be moving and would then have to cancel my membership and they told me in writing that was permitted because as long as it was over 25 miles away, they would cancel.

After trying to show proof of my move, they would not let me cancel and told me I had full access to Future Fitness which was 1.8 miles away from my new residence. Then, Future Fitness required I pay $159.97 for a one time paid fee to be a member at their gym at the same time. So here I am, I am still getting deductions from World Out World Monthly and I had to pay the giant fee to Future Fitness to have access to their facility. Work out world did not tell me this would happen and I am still under contract with them but having to pay another gym a fee.

I recently tried to freeze my membership with Work Out World. They replied and said because I am due to cancel my membership in 12/2016 I am not allowed to freeze my membership. (Not to mention they still charge monthly even when you’re frozen).

I submitted this to BBB

This reviewer shared experience about "unethical" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $160. The author is overall dissatisfied with Work Out World. The most disappointing about work out world membership from Work Out World was customer service and contract scams Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Work Out World.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Fitness Centers category for more informed decision or compare Work Out World to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Work Out World?

Comments

North Brunswick, New Jersey, United States #1123780

Yes, same thing happened to me--they deducted monthly fees even when I froze my account.